Family law regulates the legal relationships of people who are connected to each other by marriage, civil unions, family and relations, or where there is a legal guardianship in place. Especially with the emotionally charged and complicated circumstances of this area, it is highly recommended to seek advice of experienced family law attorneys. Are you having legal issues regarding marriage, adoption, divorce, child support, paternity or seeking custody of your children? We can guide you through the challenges you face no matter what they are.
For example, divorce is something that we all hope to avoid. However, it may be the only reasonable option sometimes. If you’re ever in this situation, remember that you have rights under the law - including an equitable distribution of the marital property. We can help to ensure that in the event of a divorce, your legal rights remain secure.
Our services in this area
- We draw up prenuptial agreements
- We take care of divorce proceedings
- We handle child support modifications and emancipations
- We take care of custody and parenting time issues
- We take care of paternity determinations and related issues
- We handle grandparent visitation rights
- We also provide representation in Juvenile Court
In our Resources section, we have added many helpful links for your family law cases, including links to Indiana Parenting Time Guidelines, Indiana State Central Collection Unit, Indiana Protective Order forms, and the Lake County site for all family law cases there.
Do you have questions or do you want to make an appointment in this area?
Call us at 219 465-6400 or use our contact form.